Sunday 14 May 2017

Unicorn in a Tub

Unicorn in a Tub
Hand Sculpted with Play Dough CP Soap

I saw a picture on Twitter that inspired me.  I was a cute Unicorn in a tube, cake topper.  Here I go, trying to figure out, how to make Play Dough CP Soap do what fondant does.




This is the link to my inspiration 


My first thought was how can I make it but make it a little different.  I made a couple heads.


Then I decided to try a Claw Foot Tube.  Once I got the tub made and tried to place the Unicorn head I discovered there was no way it was going to fit.
Okay, now plan B.
I ended up with a project called, Plumber in a Tub... :-P 



I learned that I was not so cleaver.  I decided that I would start with the water.  That way I can test the water size up against the Unicorn head size.  The size was better, although if I made it again I would make the head smaller.  Some of the feedback I got back on the Plumber was to try and make the water with more interesting.  The other challenge I was faced with was to make the wood to go around the water.  How do I do the wood free hand.  I was fairly happy with the with how the water and the wood came together.


I put the metal bands around the tub and added some flowers.  Now it was time to figure out how to do the legs & hooves.  I really wanted to do black hooves.  I messed around for awhile until I felt I had achieved a facsimile of hooves.  I put it all together :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment